Wednesday, April 27, 2011

iar 202. first year review for Caitlyn Whisenant.

Hi Caitlyn,


My name is Kara and I'm reviewing your final project!


First of all, your perspectives were beautiful - they demonstrated careful color selections, effective use of contrast, and gradation in color to represent the effect of light on physical objects. (My first year final project perspectives didn't have any of those…) I couldn't see if there were scale figures in all of them. If so, great. If not, then that's something to remember.


You made smart use of both public and private space, addressing them with equal importance. The theatre concept was interesting and really showed up in your design. Kudos for addressing both the floor and ceiling within the space.

Also, I loved your secret, "sneaky" revolving door into a private study.


The details of your technical drawings were hard to read from far away, but I understand that clarity is very hard to achieve when it comes to those. Also, I was a bit too far away, so that definitely had something to do with it. I wish I had an opportunity to see your work up close at the time of the presentation.


Also, there was that space issue that Tommy mentioned - a walkway being a little tight. From far away, it did look tiny, but again - I wish I could've seen it better.


Overall, strong work and presentation! Your voice projected well and you defended your ideas successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment